Okay, it's been about two months. I've finally caught my breath with everything going on. It's been a very difficult, growing time - but also a joyful time! If you read today's sermon, you may understand a little where I am at, in terms of both spiritual struggle and good times here at Grace. We had 20 new members joining our little congregation today, and when I asked if anyone else wanted to become members, two more people came forward. We have a lot of new pre-school children in Sunday School. It's exciting!
We also celebrated the Affirmation of Baptism (Confirmation) of seven great 10th graders this morning. Even with a small snow storm, it was a wonderful morning at Grace.
This year, I am doing both Confirmation and Senior High Youth group with a pastor of a three-point parish, so we have four congregations doing youth ministry together. It is working beautifully, and we have a lot of fun together.


Here are the first 8 sermons of my Acts series. The Sept. 21 sermon is the one I submitted for a class in the D.Min. program. It's not the best sermon, but I did a lot of exegesis work on the passage - and not many people write sermons on the story of Ananias and Sapphira (in case you've forgotten the story, it's a couple whom God strikes dead for lying about their church offering).

Sermons on Acts, Fall 2008:

2008-9-7 Acts 1

2008-9-14 Acts 2

2008-9-21 Acts 4-5

2008-9-28 Acts 6

2008-10-5 Acts 6-7

2008-10-12 Acts 8

2008-10-19 Acts 9

2008-10-26 Acts 10

Walking with you in God's amazing grace!

Comments

Popular Posts