I am rather an odd Lutheran pastor...

I am rather an odd Lutheran pastor, having been Lutheran for only about seven years. I consider myself a neophyte in the Lutheran tradition. I have much yet to learn - and unlearn. The gift of the Lutheran tradition to the wider Christian church is an uncompromising emphasis on grace alone, faith alone, the word of God alone, Christ alone - we are saved by God's grace through faith in Jesus Christ, as revealed in the Bible - and not by anything we do or decide. Even faith, trust in God, is a gift.
A different focus for this blog may be to explore the Lutheran tradition as the lens through which I see the word of God and the world. (I am getting back to reading/listening to the Bible in a year, having gotten stuck in the last chapters of Leviticus for awhile.)

Comments

Popular Posts