Journey Through the Bible

Greetings and Merry Christmas!
Here's what I am doing. Reading through the Bible this next year, and writing about it, more as a journal of the journey than anything else. If you would like to come along, please do so. I have uploaded a reading schedule on my website: Lemonholm Lunchbox
I also have the schedule in a very handy two page Word document. Once I learn how to upload that, I will do so. In the meantime, here is the first week:
  • Jan. 1 Gen 1-3
  • Jan. 2 Gen 4-7
  • Jan. 3 Gen 8:1-11:9
  • Jan. 4 Gen 11:10-14:13
  • Jan. 5 Gen 14:14-18:8
  • Jan. 6 Gen 18:9-21:21
  • Jan. 7 Gen 21:22-24:27

The Bible reading schedule is in the order of the Christian Bible -- however, I have included the order of the Hebrew Bible and the Apocrypha on the website. Check it out for comparison.

One interesting thing to note about the Bible: if you are reading it through in 365 roughly equal parts, starting January 1, you do not get to the Newer Testament until October 8. The Older Testament takes the first nine months and then some.

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

Eric Lemonholm

Comments

Popular Posts